Sunday 17 August 2014

Blog has changed - now a place for my personal projects!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm back. This time with something different.

This is no longer a blog primarily dedicated to other people's indie games (though I'm sure they shall still occasionally appear when I get sucked in and simply 'HAVE TO SHARRRE!'), this shall be the world's little window to my personal projects - or at least, the section of it that feels curious enough to come here.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time with C# and Unity designing very simple games and systems. After bashing my head against tutorials and textbooks for ages I think I've finally managed to make a breakthrough and get my head around the logic required for programming games - the big difference came after reading a few books specifically focused on C#, which helped me mentally put everything into context and also after going through the GTGD series on steam (about 30+ hours of tutorials), I'll write up my experiences with this someday soon as it may be beneficial for others in the same position.

So, what's this about?

I now plan to use this blog as a place to detail my progress on whatever project I have going - currently a 2D Space Sim game - with screenshots, videos, updates, etc. A compendium, if you will, of the excitement and personal revelations that were previously confined only to my Facebook wall.

Please stick around - RSS is always recommended - and check back often. I'll hopefully have some info up over today/tomorrow with my current progress and future plans - as well as a link to a web player version of each project. =)

Thanks,
c00p.

No comments:

Post a Comment